Sunday 7 July 2024

The Listening Club - 7th July 2024

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing well and good. yes it's @kleptones back from the fields and mostly recovered, I think - A fine time was had by all, since you ask, and 99.9% dry and not too boiling too, which is as good as you can get really. Looks like Amsterdam saved the rain up for us as it's been grotty and showery all this week but as I'm in a party retro-reverie mood, the weather can do one for a change. Also some politics and football has been happening, both of which (at least for now) seem to be of a reasonably positive outcome for stuffy old England, and I think the last time both of those happened together I wasn't even born, so that's something to gently reflect on, I think...

Last Sunday, while I was getting drunk in a field shaking a leg to some vicious jungle, @JimMcCauley was taking care of business here, and also making fine work of the annual #livevortex, which sounded very good to these ears on the replay, so big thanks extended to everyone for chipping in tunes, and Jim for wrangling the assemblage into a smooth flow.

Looking back over the fence, we see @Eryngium clutching the frisb with this to say by way of imtroduction to tonight's pick...

"I recently read one of those studies that circulate every few years, claiming that most people stop seeking out new music after their mid-thirties, preferring instead to keep listening to the familiar music of their teens and twenties. The fact that we’re all here means I don’t think that applies to anyone reading this, but it inspired me to pick a 2024 album for this week’s selection, and to continue my effort to listen to new-to-me artists in general. This artist has been releasing albums for more than 15 years, but I only really started listening to them in the last few years."

Right then. Download's here and the stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment