Sunday 14 July 2024

The Listening Club - 14th July 2024

Greetings,

Hope you're all doing well and good. Bit of a week, eh? Focussing on the positives, England are back in the Euros final again, and no doubt hoping for a better result than last time - not that I am a massive football fan, but I like a good match as much as anyone, and this should hopefully be one of those, so forgive me whilst I attempt to multitask here and there later this evening...

Last Sunday we had @eryngium in the chair, deliveing St.Vincent's latest release "All Born Screaming", which rocked the assembled in a wholly positive way, I'd say. Thanks to Erin for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to South London, where @ogili is waiting with tonight's intro...

"Well. This has been difficult.  I would say the dog’s ate my excuse, but we have a cat, and he’s just giving me a hard stare.

Was going to go with Happa’s excellent Baesianz Mixtape 002.  A spacy journey into Persian music by an Anglo-Iranian producer who started out as a Dubstep producer but has morphed into something more experimental.  But that’s only on soundcloud, and I’ll link it afterwards.

But then thought, nah, f*ck it.  Let’s go for a big hitter   A compilation sure, but of songs by a songwriting team and backing band which have had an extraordinary influence on music post 1960. 

You know them, you may love ‘em, you may hate ‘em.   But being given an album by one of the artists on here at the age of 14 or so hugely influenced my music tastes. 

Oh and I’ve added on at the end my favourite track from this label, which is not on this comp."

Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment