Sunday 30 June 2024

The Listening Club - 30th June 2024

How do, listening chums! @JimMcCauley here, holding the fort while @kleptones is off at some sort of arts festival that's happening not very far from me. Looks like they're having good weather for it, at any rate. And this is one of those rare Sundays when I'm not tied up with some sort of theatrical shenanigans; won't be long until I'm mostly booked up with rehearsals until January.

Last week I was at a production meeting for a play I'm not even very involved with (someone asked very nicely if I could help), so I missed @SimonLandmine's pick of Frenchy And The Punk's 2010 album, 'Happy Madness'. Seemed to do the job for the assembled, though, so thanks to Simon for the pick and for scoring a hit with the frisbaton first time. And of course @eryngium has an extra week to consider her pick because...

That's right, it's the 2024 Live Vortex! 19 tracks, lovingly assembled and all that. Got to tell you, this one's a bit bootleggy in places; as well as the inevitable gain adjustments along the way I've had to break out the EQ a few times, but I'm giving it a good listen-to as I type and yeah, I think it's been worth the effort.

Download's here, or stream it below (assuming I don't forget to actually publish my upload this time).

Catch you at 8PM! GMT!

1 comment:

  1. The tracklist:
    The 5th Dimension – Don't Cha Hear Me Callin' To Ya (@holette)
    Bob Dylan – Isis (@kleptones)
    Sonic Youth – Unmade Bed (@vinomadic)
    Delicate Steve – Afria Talks to You (@saucer)
    Extreme – Midnight Express (@SimonLandmine)
    Dexys Midnight Runners – Jackie Wilson Said (@corin_ja)
    BDP – South Bronx (@ogili)
    Delaney & Bonnie – Comin' Home (@vinomadic)
    Mr Bungle – Retrovertigo (@JimMcCauley)
    Le Cri du Caire – Le Marcheur (@nessiest)
    Orbital – Kein Trink Wasser (@corin_ja)
    Chumbawamba – On the Day the Nazi Died (@SimonLandmine)
    Bill Orcutt Guitar Quartet – Out of the Corner of the Eye (@soundclamp)
    Bruce Springsteen – Thunder Road (@kleptones)
    Gram Parsons – Hickory Wind (@ogili)
    Wire – The Agfers of Kodack (@saucer)
    Marble Sheep – Like a Bird (@soundclamp)
    The Armed – Public Grieving (@JimMcCauley)
    Osees – Turned Out Light (@nessiest)

    ReplyDelete