Sunday 8 November 2020

The Listening Club - 8th November 2020

Greetings,

Well, thank fuck for that, eh? Not that it's going to automatically set the world right, but the lack of toxicity in the air is already noticable, and that really does help. Also can't remember the last time there was actually some good global news to celebrate, so congratulations Joe, and good luck...

Last Sunday chez #LC, @akx was in the chair, getting the assembled bouncing in their seats with his pick of Selo I Ludy's "Bunch One". Many thanks to Aarni for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @saucer, who's here with tonight's intro...

"Good news for me in the LC-pick-stress department: being on political tenterhooks left me with zero fucks available for stressing about a pick.

However, yesterday, just before I clicked send on my (high energy, in your face) pick, the networks and newspapers declared Joe Biden winner in Pennsylvania.

And just like that my pick was no longer au courant, apropos, or sane. I love that.

So let's have a go with something else...

I suppose that in the context of 8th November 2020 this album could be an allegory within an allegory. I suppose you're still, like me, a few inches off the ground with seratonin and whatever hormones our bodies give us when we feel a glimmer of hope after years of (and amid continuing) dread. So I offer this little gem as a 30-minute soundtrack to help us savor this crazy beautiful moment in history.

If we were all together, masked up de rigueur, this is what I'd put on the turntable.

Pro tips: The first two tracks are lower volume than the others. Second, this album has a bit of a surprise ending. When it comes, picture a hateful orange being in all-white golf gear riding along smarmily in a cart that suddenly hits a divot, flipping the cart and throwing the golfer out onto his orange face, like so.

Drinking club: something you've been holding onto for the right time."

Okaydoke. Direct download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm GMT.


No comments:

Post a Comment