Sunday 22 November 2020

The Listening Club - 22nd November 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all keeping well. Another predictable week of political bickering and a rampant pandemic. Connected? Surely not... Still, the first signs of a vaccination plan have emerged here in the Netherlands, although it seems unlikely that plan will reach us until probably the middle-end of next year, but that's pretty understandable, there are millions more needy than us to deal with first... so we stay hunkered down, take care of the nearest and dearest, eat and drink good, and keep the music playing....

Last Sunday @NeilPBardhan was in the chair, high fiving everyone aurally with his pick of Fang Island's self titled album from 2010, which intrigued the assembled for sure. Thanks to Neil for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @brainspiritus, who, having discarded a realm of possibilities, has this to say by way of introduction...

"Good Sunday local-time-of-day, ListeningClub Friends!

This week, I bring you an unusual choice. Usually, picking week for me involves fretting to conjure up a shortlist and then boiling it down to hopefully one entry and wondering what y'all will make of it. (And I know I've had my share of hits and misses, and usually there's a cryptic twitter poll to gauge y'all's interest. And no matter what, the more confident I feel about my pick, the more lukewarm the response is.)

This time, not so much. This wasn't even really on the shortlist until Thursday morning, when @faberfedor, @simonlandmine and @eastvanhalen convinced me that this is probably what the people want. (Also, one of the many fine artists I've been introduced to by way of BU4B, so if this is your wheelhouse, see if you want to support a small mom-and-pop internet radio station?)

No surprise metal guitars tonight

(but then, I _would_ say that, wouldn't I? :-D)

#DrinkingClub is probably cheap bourbon (but no Coke, whatever you do, you do not want that Coke). #EatingClub could involve beans and rice and seafood."

Okaydoke. Download est ici, et la stream du jour est below:

See you 8pm GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment