Sunday, 27 September 2026

The Listening Club - 27th September 2026

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Summer seems to be hanging in there nicely in Amsterdam, with a very pleasant stretch of warm sunny weather giving us a good few reasons to keep reaching for the sunglasses, iced beverages and garden chairs. Tapping this out a little early as I have not one but two gigs lined up for attendance later today, a matinee acoustic show and an evening punk rock noisefest (been a lot of Sunday gigs lately, it seems), so sadly I won't be around to hear the vortex, looking forward to catching up when I get back!

Last Sunday saw, hey, me @kleptones, spacing the assembled folks out with a #LC First Play™ of Adam Wiltzie & Jóhann Jóhannsson's "Friendship Survival Guide", as released last Friday. Seemed to go down pretty well with most folks, which makes me very happy indeed. All that remained was to flip the frisb across the room to @nessiest, who is well aware that they have an extra week to ponder because...

...yes, of course it's end-of-month, therefore #vortex time, which I plainly forgot about last week in my focus to get the above album sorted - big thanks to @saucer for remembering and therefore triggering a #ForgetfulnessVortex. Here's hoping enough people remembered and submitted tunes, so that @akx has something to mix... we shall find out soon enough..

Download's here, stream's below:

Hope to see you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) later today, don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment