Sunday, 13 September 2026

The Listening Club - 13th September 2026

Greetings folks,

Hope all is good in your hood. Back in Amsterdam again after a circuit of travels, and seems like the city has been saving a good few rain showers for our return. Le sigh. Hype Cat is definitely happy to see us back, even if the weather is not to his liking, at least he can get some sympathy and treats. As can we, come to that... *fx - wine being poured into glass*

Last Sunday saw @IamWahl in the chair, hitting a bright pop vibe with his pick of "New Day New World" by Spoons, which got the assembled guessing frenetically and, on the main, incorrectly. Thanks to Mr. W for the pick and for sailing the frisb across to @ogili, who's here with today's intro...

"Remember when the internet wasn’t a relentless torrent of the algorithmically reclaimed cultural ‘pink slime’ of AI, infinite scrolling social media, short form video, monetised propaganda/outrage, clickbait, and the like?

One of the great things about back then, was that it was easier to stumble upon things like this, made 3 years ago, which would have struggled at best to get an ‘official’ release.

On reading the description, I didn't expect to like it, despite loving one of the parts of it.  But it clicked with me on the first listen. There is a chance that I’m ‘late to the party’ here, and a good chunk of you lot have heard it, but I’ll take that risk.  

It’s quite short, and there is a very obvious ‘afterparty’ listen, which I’ll post up with the reveal. 

Drink suggestions?  Oooh, I dunno, something like snakebite made with an American commercial beer like Budweiser?"

Right then, download's here, stream's below:

Hope to see you 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment