Sunday 3 July 2022

The Listening Club - 3rd July 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Yep, @kleptones here again, back from the fields of Worthy Farm and pretty much recovered from what was most definitely a very, very good Glastonbury indeed. Weather gods were on our side (phew!) and the collective mood was wholeheartedly celebratory and kind from start to finish (understandable as everyone had been waiting three years for this to happen), which made the whole thing go with an almighty swing. Fun to play a few bar DJ sets too, especially whilst drinking some fine cornish ales, and catching up with a whole ton of friends and acquaintances, none of whom I'd seen since pre-pandemic times, if not longer (our last Glastonbury was 2017, which seems decades ago now....). A well worthwhile escapade indeed.

Back here in #LC-land, major thanks go out to @JimMcCauley for minding the store and taking care of the annual #livevortex, and also gracias to everyone who chipped in a track or two. Checking the notes left here, we now find @saucer waving the frisb with this to say...

"One of the many things this wonderful little club teaches me is to pause, calm down, and trust my musical friends to listen along with me to picks I'm very unsure about in terms of whether anyone else might like them. For example, when I picked Jenny O. Or Horse Lords. Or a 1961 original cast (poor-quality) recording of a biographical musical called King Kong.

This pick? Thank you in advance, I'm just going with it, and I do hope you find it as engrossing as I do.

If you're in the mood for something cozy or danceable or cheery, well, I expect track one will dash that posthaste. Then again, maybe this music is all those things."

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1) tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment