Sunday 24 July 2022

The Listening Club - 24th July 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Nearly the end of July already, blimey, where does the time go? Still toasty here in Amsterdam, not quite boil in the bag levels like last week, but I've still got the cat's "cool mat" keeping my feet from overheating as I type (cat is outside, he's decided he loves the temps). So it goes.

Speaking of what goes, it's nearly the end of the month, so I figure that means a #vortex. I was awol last Sunday in Utrecht eating Afghan food and then watching Joe Jackson, so not sure if there was a theme decided, but sure we'll sort it out in the tweets tonight, eh?

Last Sunday, whilst I was enjoying my concert, the #LC was enjoying @wojsvenwoj's selection of Sudan Archives' "Athena" which went down well it seems. Thanks to Woj for the pick and for sailing the frisb over to @Holette, who's here with this to say...

"I thought I'd choose tonight's selection as it is obviously indebted to a genre I don't think I've heard much of on Listening Club. The originators of this experimental genre from the late 60s and early 70s have had a huge influence on some of the records I love.

This album only came out last year, created, very much in the spirit of the genre, by a collective of artists and musicians spanning Scotland, Shanghai and, inevitably, Düsseldorf. I've been enjoying a bit of time with the music and I hope you do too.

Drinking club: Perhaps a schnapps or two."

Right then, download's here, stream's below: 

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment