Sunday 18 October 2020

The Listening Club - 18th October 2020

Greetings,

Hope you're all doing okay. Yep, it's week whatever in the shitty virus house and everyone is slowly losing their marbles one by one. Numbers keep going up, governments ability to deal with it without destroying the now-painfully-obvious-if-it-wasn't-already-economic-house-of-cards-they've-built-around-us becoming more apparent week by week, the American election is still not over, and yeah, it's still raining. Really starting to wish that I was twently-odd years younger, then I could gleefully zone out on a crapton of quality drugs and wait for this to be over. That said, I have to admit there could well have been a previous global pandemic during my mid-twenties and I probably would have been completely oblivious to it, but anyway, enough about me...

Last week chez #LC, @simonlandmine was in the chair, dealing out Jim Bob's "Pop Up Jim Bob", which charmed most of the assembled it seems. Thanks to Simon for the pick, and for sailing the frisb long distance to @unmannedfuture, who's here with tonight's intro...

"Whenever I go to buy a CD by this band at the cool kids 2nd hand record place, whoever is on the cash desk will always strike up a conversation about them. This is the favourite (rightly so, methinks).  I really disliked it the first time I heard it, but after a few go-rounds each tune got a serious hook into my head. When the CD makes it off the floor of my car and into the player, it usually stays there for a couple of weeks and passengers are inevitably beaten into submission. "

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1) - Clocks go back next week, you have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment