Sunday 7 June 2020

The Listening Club - 7th June 2020

Greetings folks.

Hope you're all doing okay. And well done, people of Bristol. About fucking time that thing went in the sea.

Last week in #LC-land, @xpollen8 was in the chair, wrestling with a DAT player to bring us a slice of his archives in the shape of a sound-desk recording of Frank Orrall and Poi Dog Pondering live in San Francisco in 1996, which was a nice slice of live in these gigless times. Many thanks to Del for the pick, and for sailing the frisb down south to @mrtorture, who's right here with tonight's intro...

"Alright folks. This week's choice kind of had me flooded. I had a list of choices that I prepped up back... in January. I cleaned it up and came back with nothing.

So I went all over it again, and went along with... a choice I could've used my last time handling the frisbaton. Fun times.

In any case, these fine folk define themselves as some sort of "street jazz". But don't worry, it's not jazz per-se. It has rock, it has funk, and maybe some jazz intertwined. Their music has been used as background music for radio shows, movies and even documentaries. They just blend so well in all of these landscapes. I believe this album was recorded in one or two takes.

Never had much of a success and propmtly broke up not long ago. Here's to hoping you like 'em as much as I do.

As for a #DrinkingClub choice... anything that may help you chill and lay back. (it's up to you, if a Bourbon is good for chilling, go for it!)"

Direct download is here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment