Sunday 28 June 2020

The Listening Club - 28th June 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Sunshine and showers here as usual, though a bit more of the former than the latter, which is fine by me. Been interesting watching all the Glastonbury remeniscing going on online from nearby shores, definitely making me pine for tent, tunes and booze for sure. Roll on next year...

Last Sunday, @SimonLandmine was in the chair, hitting the 90s vibe right between the eyes with his pick of the soundtrack for "Strange Days", which brought a varied reaction, as befits a varied album, I'd say. Thanks to Simon for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over here to the Netherlands, where it bounced off @nessiest and landed at my feet. So it goes...

"Most of the time when picking for #LC I'm pretty much certain from the start what I'm going to play and stick to it. This time I've changed my mind more than a few times, which says a lot about the changing state of the world and my own brain, I guess. So I've gone from considering a couple of vintage selections (will save for another time) and a possible 2.5hr Theo Parrish BLM brain dump (worth a listen, but too long and strange for here and now I think) to end up with this.

Possibly influenced by the weekend's festival reminiscences,  and in traditional #LC stylee, I've plumped for a brand new album by a well established artist that I've yet to listen to. So let's give it a spin and see if it's any kop..."

#drinkingclub = bourbon, i'd say, or maybe even a mint julep."

Download's here, stream's below.

See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment