Sunday 18 August 2019

The Listening Club - 18th August 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope you're doing fine. Still pissing down here, off and on, and probably in the UK too, which is a bugger for those attending Lowlands, Green Man or whatever festival. Sure they're making the most of it regardless, I know I would be, but I'm sitting here at home, watching Lowlands on TV (Franz Ferdinand currently) and tapping this out waiting for the rain to stop... or start again... que sera.

Last week, @holette was back in the chair getting the congregation moving with her pick of Donny Hathaway's 1970 debut album "Everything Is Everything". Caps were doffed by way of thanks and the frisbaton was sailed across to me, so...

"Didn't think I had anything in mind, so I was flicking through the collection, thinking a retro pick would be a good idea, when I noticed an old text file sitting in my documents folder titled "Listening Club picks". Inside there was one album listed. So, brushing aside the possibility that someone had hacked into my computer and left it there, let's see what past-me wanted you to hear...

There is still no feeling quite like discovering an artist and finding out they've got a nigh-on 25 year back catalogue to investigate. This is one such person, who's collaborated with a whole ton of interesting folks, and also managed to put together a stack of solo albums, of which this is the seventh. I'm very pleased to have finally made their acquaintance, hope you will be also."

Direct download is here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1).




No comments:

Post a Comment