Sunday 31 March 2019

The Listening Club - 31st March 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope all is good. We're back in Amsterdam, after our pre-brexit-but-not-really-what-the-fucks-going-on-there-eh sojourn back to the UK, arriving back in time to catch Zurich's finest The Young Gods play a storming set on Wednesday. And now there's a bit of spring in the air, so let's get on with it...

Last Sunday, @akx was holding the reigns, delivering a mighty fine #getshitdonevortex, which I think delivered on all fronts. Thanks to all who chipped in a tune or two! Back before that, @faberfedor was holding the frisb, so over to him for tonight's intro...

"About ten years ago, I asked one of my young colleagues "What non hip-hop stuff are you kids listening to today." He turned me on to this artist and genre.  In turn, I turned him on to The Classics: Jimi, Clapton in his God days, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Bach,
and Sor.

This genre has become one of my favorites. The "found sounds" aspect to this album has been a favorite of mine for a _long_ time.

Like my previous entry, I suspect many will know this album. Apparently it won some kind of awards when it first came out on the other side of the pond.

#drinkingclub suggestion: I dunno. Absinthe?"

Okaydoke, direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


Clocks have changed! See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment