Sunday 10 March 2019

The Listening Club - 10th March 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope all is well and good with you all. Still grey and wet here chez Amsters, and the day job is stressing me out far more than I really would care for at the moment, but the small green buds that have started appearing here and there are giving joy in their usual way. A fine set of sounds in the week ahead too with Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares and Lisa Gerrard on Tuesday, and an Iration Steppas / The Bug double header on Saturday to look forward to, so not all bad...

Last Sunday @wojsvenwoj was in the chair getting well perky with his pick of "The Glass Intact" from Sarge, which got pretty much everyone bopping in a Bronze Stylee. Thanks to Woj for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across the ocean to @miss_s_b, who has this to say by way of introduction to their debut selection...

"Hello Listening Club: be gentle with me, it’s my first time.

I had a bunch of potential candidates in mind for this, but after events earlier in the week, there could only really be one choice: it comes from 1997.

1997 was my year out between school and uni, but rather than having a traditional posh bugger gap yah, I spent it working and building up some money. And going to gigs. Lots and lots of gigs. Somehow, though, tonight’s band was one that I never managed to get around to seeing. I regret that immensely.

This album was the soundtrack to that summer for me, and I suspect several of us here.

#drinkingclub: Fireball cinnamon whisky feels appropriate to me."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearMayWellBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm GMT tonight for playback.






No comments:

Post a Comment