Sunday 13 January 2019

The Listening Club - 13th January 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope you're doing fine. Not much to report from grey, soggy Amsterdam as we dig deep into the post-festive grims, not even a sprinkling of snow to liven things up. Ah well, plenty of time to plan ahead to sunnier times as usual...

Last week chez #LC, @SamQuitter was in the chair, on a legendary tip with his pick of Marianne Faithfull's "Before The Poison" from 2005, containing major contributions from P.J. Harvey, Nick Cave (avec Les Bad Seeds, natch) and Damon Albarn amongst others. Many thanks to Sam for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to @EmmaPrice, who has this to say...

"Greetings from London, I hope you're all having a splendid 2019 so far. First pick in a while from me and as ever I experienced the joys of pre pick tension when deliberating what to select for you this evening.

2018 was a pretty toxic year politically and it's definitely bleeding into music and art in lots of fantastic ways which are reflected in this album. Maybe in 2020 we'll be listening to tales of foraging for mars bars in the giant car park of Kent using vegan sausage rolls as missiles. At this point I'm ruling nothing out.

I'm not entirely sure what I feel about this album yet. It's definitely more instantly accessible to me than their previous album which i'd waited a long time for. It has grown on me in the past couple of months and I definitely need to spend more time with it. I hope you enjoy.

I'm off to stock up on survivalist rations (books, cider and extra cynicism)

#drinkingclub is whatever you can get your hands on."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearMayBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm GMT tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment