Sunday 22 September 2024

The Listening Club - 22nd September 2024

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all good in your respecive hoods. Nights are drawing in an' all that here, but still delivered a decent weekends worth of sunny weather allowing us the opportunity to indulge in some good al fresco dining and quality stoop-sitting whilst stocks last. And a bit of a bucket list tick-off as The The are playing Paradiso on Monday, which is being very much looked forward to, I must admit.

Speaking of looking forward, end of the month beckons, which means we'll be canvassing for #vortex suggestions, so get 'em out later and we'll see what's what, what?

Looking back, we had @Corin_Ja in the chair, sending everyone slightly elliptical with his pick of Nik Bartsch's Ronin and their 2018 album "Awase", which got the assembled well aligned, I'd say. Thanks to Corin for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to these shores, where @Nessiest is waiting with tonight's intro...

"One of the unwritten rules of Listening Club @kleptones first told me a decade ago (!) was be careful picking anything too personal in case the commentary stings.

Here we go then. I fucking love this, have done from the first time it brought me to tears as an angsty teen. (It by far transcends the angsty label, don’t worry). When the vocalist passed my first thought was “I’ll pick this for le club one day”. 

A lot of you will know all of this album well. I hope it’s new to some of you and I’ll take the risk on sharing a favourite. Drinking Club pick is a mug of tea and a spliff if that’s what you fancy. The artist would probably approve."

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment