Sunday 15 September 2024

The Listening Club - 15th September 2024

Salutations folks,

Hope you're all doing fine. Been a grotty week here in Amsterdam as a nasty northerly wind has swept autumnal vibes onto us with a vengeance. That said, the sun's peeking out and it's a mild afternoon, so let's get this tapped out so I can go make the most of it...

Last Sunday we had @woj in the chair, delivering something new from old with his pick of Wanda Jackson's "This Party Ain't Over" produced by Jack White in 2009, which got the assembled jivin' and swingin' as you'd expect. Thanks to Woj for the pick and for sailing the frisb over to @corin_ja who is here with tonight's intro...

"I think my taste in music could be roughly divided between very popular, top-of-the-charts acts of the 1970s and 80s and somewhat obscure, meditative, downtempo things that have niche appeal. In making a selection for Listening Club I am usually torn between these two poles, anyhow. Do I pick something that everyone probably knows, hoping it'll be a fun experience if most people like or at least are aware of the record in question?

Or do I take a risk with something that probably fewer people will know but that might not work at all, some people might even flee, screaming in horror?

I'll let you decide which option I have gone for this week, and we shall see what happens.

suggestion is a Negroni for this one, but don't read too much into that."

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you at 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment