Sunday 7 April 2024

The Listening Club - 7th April 2024

Salutations folks,

Hope you're doing good. Freakishly warm weather here in Amsterdam, as a slim wave of saharan heat has travelled all the way through Europe up to us, providing a rather lovely weekend, if a little odd for the time of year. Still, the denizens (and tourists) ain't complaining, that's for sure. So, fortified by some prime early-season stoop-sitting and treat-consumption, we continue...

Last Sunday was a rare thing, Easter Sunday and also last Sunday of the month, so a #ComebackVortex made good sense, and who better to welcome back to do the assembly than @JimMcCauley, and the result? A multitude of interpretations, and some mighty fine sounds indeed - thanks to everyone for chipping in.

Looking back we find @Corin_JA holding the frisb with this to say by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"The customary blurb. For this week’s Listening Club I have chosen an album that I really like and that I want to share with you all. The artist was a big deal in their heyday but I feel is currently under-appreciated. I must have first heard them when I was a kid, and I wasn’t that bothered back then, but returning to their work more recently I have found the music comforting and absorbing and clever. I particularly like the lyrical narratives, little stories that are played out in a number of these tracks. The musicianship is also excellent, and the production is superb - apologies if this crappy MP3 doesn’t convey that. So, I invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy this record. Pour a glass of wine, if you take it, but maybe add a little water."

Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment