Sunday 14 April 2024

The Listening Club - 11th April 2024

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Another little heatwave blowing across Amsterdam, so, for the second weekend in a row, it's been clear and warm and all that that entails. The lilac and wisteria out the front are reacting accordingly also, which is grand. Crossing fingers that it maintains the rhythm (and the blossoms), as it's Kings Day in two weeks time, and you know what that means...

Last Sunday saw @corin_ja in the chair, firing out a classic of the slightly-lesser-known category, in the shape of Joan Armatrading's eponymous debut album from 1976, which got the assembled folks grooving and swooning satisfactorily, I'd say. Thanks to Corin for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to @ThatNewSound, who's right here with the intro to their debut selection...

"Well... That was as hard as I expected. I listened to a lot of music this week trying to find the right album for a debut pick. It felt like picking the soundtrack to the first 10 seconds of meeting someone for the first time. It took a while to realise I was entirely missing the point by trying to find something everyone else would like so here is something I like. Probably my favourite album by probably my favourite artist. It's an album I found accidentally in my late teens and instantly fell in love with and a band I wish more people knew about. I would love to hear if anyone knows the band or album, and also love to hear if anyone can identify the sample on track 3! I hope you enjoy it.

If you're listening with a beverage the only suggestion has to be your favourite craft IPA."

Right then, download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight for playback.



No comments:

Post a Comment