Sunday 17 December 2023

The Listening Club - 17th December 2023

Hi there folks,

Well then, last #LC of '23 and feeling astonished the year is over already, where did it go.. although looking back we managed to accomplish quite a bit, although this week chez kleptone we've not accomplished much apart from recovering from the evil flu. Que sera. Looking forward to a gentle and relaxed holday period, and wishing the same for y'all wherever you are and whatever you're up to, peace be with you all.

Of course, post-holidays it will be time for the 2023 #festivevortex, so it's time for you to pluck a couple of this year's finest sounds according to your ears and throw them into the pot. We return here on Sunday 7th January for playback and new years resolutions! (Also advance notice that I'm going to be away for a whole frickin' month in Jan/Feb, so will be needing managerial help here from 21st January onwards - can you help? Let me know, please!)

Last Sunday saw @Corin_Ja in the chair, pulling out something new by someone old in the shape of Peter Gabriel's "i/o" (the dark-side mix, should you be wondering) which got the assembled bobbing on their segways for sure. Thanks to Corin for the pick and for bouncing the frisb off my shoulder across to @woj, who's here with the last pick of the year...

As is my tradition, if the frisbee flits its way to me in December or January, I like to peruse the year-end best albums lists, select a highly ranked album by someone I've never heard, and - for good or for ill - listen to it for the first time with all of you. This Sunday is no different. There were a few albums I was eyeing whose descriptions looked particularly interesting but ultimately decided to go with this one since it's from a genre I know next to nothing about and almost never listen to: reggaeton! And that is pretty much the only bit of information I have to share about this album.

Also as is my tradition, I will be driving back from the airport when the appointed time of gathering rolls around but should be back home when the album ends. So while there'll be no #DrinkingClub for me, I'll be listening along in the car though - have no fear!

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment