Sunday 10 December 2023

The Listening Club - 10th December 2023

Greetings,

Hope you're all doing good. Bit of a non-week here as the cold I picked up last week at The Prodigy gig decided to develop into a particularly unpleasant strain of Flu, which has wiped me out all week and now @nessiest too (sharing is caring, sorry my dear!). So I have nothing further to report. Bleurg.

Last Sunday @soundclamp went all west-coast klezmer on the collectively assembled's posteriors with his pick of Charming Hostess' "Eat" from 1998, which had the desired effect, at least it looked like it from here. Thanks to Dan for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across the Atlantic to @corin_ja, who's right here with tonight's intro...

"Well then. I had spent all week trying to decide between two very nostalgic albums from my early years, each of which I'd been meaning to inflict on ListeningClub for a while. I'd been pretty much decided which I was going to plump for. I even went and bought a CD as the version I had was not easily transferable to the internetz. And then two separate conversations with friends completely changed my mind about the choice for today.

Something was guiding me in a different direction.

So here instead is an album that is essentially new to me, and new to the world. The artist, I suspect, will be fairly readily identifiable by many. They are a significant figure by any standard, so it will be interesting to see what people make of it. We can go on a voyage of discovery together."

Indeedy. Download's here, and the stream's below:

See you tonight at 20:00 GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment