Sunday 7 May 2023

The Listening Club - 7th May 2023

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Sunshine and showers here in Amsterdam, but the temps are staying up, so at least I'm sat here typing this in a t-shirt (no hoodie), which is a definite improvement. Kinda enjoying having a little breather, as it's been an intense month for activities and visitations, and although those things were all awesome, it's nice to have a few quiet days, if only to catch up on laundry and mop the floor... Still, quiet days actually aren't all that quiet, as we're off to see GNOD tonight, so you'll be #LC-ing without us...

Last Sunday we went deep into history with the #songsyourparentslovedorhatedvortex (or #syplohvortex for short), which went down a treat with all concerned, it seems. Thanks to eveyone for chipping in tunes, and to @akx for the collection and assemblage. Looking up, we see @faberfedor dusting off his jacket and declaiming this, by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"If you were around for @zensolo 's selection, you know @woj is expecting Queen 1 or 2, so those are out. They have this other album that would work...man, I forgot how much fun that album is to listen to but still, too obvious. 

Then it hit me. There's this album that is quite good IMO and it meets each of the ZenSolo Criteria: 1. Big name artist; if you're of a certain age and American, you almost had to have this artists' big album in your vinyl collection. 2. This album was released just before The Big One. 3. Relatively obscure; I haven't heard the album in 30, 40 years, it hasn't shown up on my radar since, nor has it *ever* come upin any conversation I've ever had about this artist. Perfect!

So, I'm doing my Monday morning doomscrolling with bagel and cream cheese, when I see a post an author of a new book about this exact album! I think That's freaking weird, eh?

So I go looking to buy the mp3 on line--not as easy a task as I expected--and I kept coming across post after post saying how this album is the artists' most impressive and enduring of their career, a true tour-de-force, beloved by millions of fans... and I'm all like da'FUQ?!

It's still too early in the day to deal with this so, here's an album.

See you at $LOCAL_LISTENINGCLUB_TIME!"

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:


See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment