Sunday 14 May 2023

The Listening Club - 14th May 2023

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Sunny and warm here in Amsterdam, with yesterday definitely winning the award for "Start of the summer" as it was nicely simmering. Kinda odd as we've had a very late spring (the wisteria is finally out and looking lovely, a good few weeks later than usual), but not complaining, afternoons spent lazing around in parks on picnic blankets drinking beer and watching the herons nesting high above us is, well, always time well spent in my opinion...

Worth a note that I'll be away in a couple of weeks time (weekend of 28th May) which will also be a vortex, so reaching out in the customary channels for assistance. Will also be away end of June also, as it's that Pilton party again, so there's a very advance heads up. Nice to be on top of one's diary for once.

Last Sunday I was off getting my ears smashed in in the best possible way watching Gnod, whilst the #LC assembled had @faberfedor laying Bruce Springsteen's legendary lo-fi bonanza "Nebraska" at their feet. Much boss conversation was had, so thanks to Mr. F for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @aqidraco, who has this to say by way of introduction to tonight's selection:

"I had my audio file all ready and uploaded online on Wednesday. It did not quite feel right. It was more a selection of availability rather than choice. I had all these criteria, one specifically, of wanting to share something German which that first one was. I listened to more German options throughout the week but none really quite felt like the “one”. Then today, Saturday, I nixed it and uploaded the album I really wanted to share and listen with you together on Sunday. You probably know a number of their more famous songs. This album is more, well, experimental. It is an album I discovered through Mastodon only a few months ago. I keep coming back to it.

As choice of beverage, I dare you to try something new, something experimental, outside of your usual choice of beverages and invite you to join me on this soundscape escape.

Happy Mother’s Day, please thank your mother for listening to that same chord / music over and over and over again."

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment