Sunday 19 February 2023

The Listening Club - 19th February 2023

Salutations, folks.

Hope all is well with you. Doing better here having finally got rid of most of my grotty lurgi, only the occasional coughing fit now, for which I'm very grateful. Sufficiently well enough to re-enter into society and go out to drink beer and see a bunch of local punkish bands the other night, which was jolly good fun (best band of the bunch being the very stompy L.A. Sagne). Hoorah for gigs.

February is a damn short month, so we find ourself facing a #vortex next week, therefore we find ourselves open to suggestions through the usual channels, as per.

Last Sunday we had @Holette in the chair, laying down Haai's latest album "Baby, We're Ascending", which rocked the assembled socks pretty successfully I'd say. Thanks to Sarah for the pick, and for flipping the frisb over the channel to @nessiest who's here with tonight's intro...

"Joy. The last few years haven’t had many joyous opportunities for reasons too dismally obvious to list. In 2022 in particular the moments where I felt unfiltered joy were notable when they did arise, because there simply weren’t enough of them. (I know, I’m working on it).

Like Saturday 12 November 2022. We swooped through the smorgasbord of Le Guess Who festival that night, having the best of fun, buoyed on currents of marvellous music.

I had two pick-worthy albums in mind for Listening Club, each by different artists we saw that night. 

I went for the one I’m hoping will lead to the liveliest discussion. It pairs catchy pop grooves with unflinching commentary and wry humour. I’ve admired the vocalist for years. It’s a delight to see them in a creative pairing and with production that works for them."

Right then. Download is here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 GMT tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment