Sunday 6 November 2022

The Listening Club - 6th November 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good, and if you're in the UK, hope you're dealing okay with your Bonfire Night Hangover / Glastonbury Ticket Sale Failure. Bit of a double-bill that one, for sure.

I wanted to take a minute to say something about the changes at Twitter - Although #LC is unaffected at the moment, there is a possibility things may change in the future that may make us not want to continue on the platform - we all have our limits. As Jim pointed out the other day, losing Tweetdeck and / or access to Latest Tweets would be tough (and make doing this nigh-on impossible), and for me personally, if a certain orange-faced c*** is allowed back, I would not be able to continue, sorry - As I said, we all have our limits, I'd be interested in knowing yours, so we can reach a consensus for the time being ("time being" being something that does seems to be changing rapidly, I admit). I know some folks have signed up on Mastodon, and I encourage those that haven't to do so also, or bookmark this URL for future use!: https://joinmastodon.org/

Next Sunday I am away at Le Guess Who filling my ears with fine music, so if anyone is able to run things here, please let me know.

Last Sunday, as was end-of-the-month time, a #timevortex was had, as collated and mixed by @akx, and a mighty fine time was had by all! Thanks to Aarni for the assemblage, and everyone who chipped in a track or two. Looking back, we see @faberfedor waving across the water with this to say by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"A man and his guitar. It doesn't get much more minimalist than that. 

For an album with such a simple premise, this album had an outsized effect: it gave the finger to The Powers That Be, introduced the singer to a new generation and re-cemented his reputation as an American master.

Not bad for someone who swore he'd never make another album.

It's going to be a quiet night. So turn down the lights, grab some mountain dew -- and I don't mean the sugar water -- and relax into the evening."

Okay, download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm GMT tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment