Sunday 4 September 2022

The Listening Club - 4th September 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. September eh? *Looks at thermometer* well, you coulda fooled me (26°C since you ask) *cracks open cold one*, nope, still not complaining, at least until the electric bill arrives. #truth

Last Sunday, we danced about the place to the #architecturevortex, which was a very fine selection of interpretations, thanks everyone for chipping in tunes and especial thanks to @jimmccauley for the excellent construction work. Prior to that we had @iamwahl clutching the frisb, so here he is with tonight's intro...

"This week’s selection comes to you courtesy of serendipity. I had something else completely cued up and ready to process and file with the editors. Then, while making a short drive to a favourite trail park for a late afternoon dog walk following last week’s vortex, a track on one of the mixed CDs I regularly cycle through while driving caught my attention and I couldn’t believe this recording wasn’t already in my pocket for upcoming ListeningClub inclusion. I think this artist is a monster of creativity and imagination, bringing a big dose of both to this album. Not easily pigeonholed or categorized, I hope the range of tunes and tones on this record will deliver at least a little something for everyone. Added bonus, it is from this decade…!

For #DrinkingClub I’d suggest a favoured brew, or something “neat”…."

Right then, direct download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1) tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment