Sunday 11 September 2022

The Listening Club - 11th September 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Still warm here in Amsterdam, although the rains are creeping in, but the shorts and flip-flops remain resolutely in use as much as possible. Been an unusual week all things considered (as u may kno), but glad we found time to pop out and see the Concertgebouw Orchestra kick off their season with an open air show in the westerpark, which, even though it was quite middle-of-the-road as classical stuff goes, was bloody lovely.

Last Sunday we had @iamwahl in the chair, dealing out "The Worse Things Get, the Harder I Fight, the Harder I Fight, the More I Love You" from Neko Case, which definitely hit the spot, both with those who knew, and those who didn't. Thanks extended for the pick, and also for the frisbaton sail across the ocean to @nessiest, who, despite having a super busy week (can testify), emailed this over as an intro for tonight's pick...

"I love this album. When @kleptones wanted to watch a documentary about this artist one evening, I was hooked. Many of you will know this, although if so I am hoping you haven’t listened to it in a while.  If you don’t know it, I think you should, voila! It’s been on my list of possibles for a long time. 

The artist is of Irish and Native American heritage and well, I just want to hear their voice this weekend.

Drinking club recommendations, gosh. Neat bourbon or a mug of tea."

Right then, download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment