Sunday 22 May 2022

The Listening Club - 22nd May 2022

Lots of twos there, eh?

Hope you're all doing good. I'm feeling tired but fulfilled after a week on the workout farm (aka doing DIY on my mum's house in the UK), managing to zoom back here late yesterday in time to see Billy Bragg finally get to do a show that I bought tickets for over 30 months ago. And it was excellent, bless 'im. 

In #LC land, it was me, myself and I @kleptones that left Henri Salvador's "Homme Studio" compilation of home recordings from 1970-75 for the assembled to groove to, and groove to it they did, which was pleasing. All that remained was to flip the frisb over to @faberfedor, who's here with tonight's intro...

"I decided to clean out the front closet this week: throw away things I've not used in years, select books to go to the library, etc.

In one of the crates I came across had some old sheet music I played many moons ago: jazz, classical, medieval, baroque, stuff along those lines. That led me down a couple of other rabbit holes, including listening to some CDs I haven't heard in a while. It was a nice nostalgic afternoon.

And now I get to share one of them with you. While we've had this genre before, we haven't had, to my recollection, this particular niche on display. The artists involved are considered some of the best that ever played their instruments. The style isn't for everyone but I think it's good selection for a hot sunny sunday afternoon. 

It'll be a nice change of pace (I hope!)."

Download's here, stream's below.

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1) tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment