Sunday 15 May 2022

The Listening Club - 15th May 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Tapping this out well early, mate, as I have an upcoming week of activities that will be keeping me away from home, so better get this uploaded and then it's one less thing to think about come Sunday...

Speaking of which, there's a couple of upcoming Sundays that I will be requiring a substitute manager for #LC, namely 5th June and 26th June, the latter of which will be a vortex 'n all. So if you can help out, let me know...

Last Sunday it was that @akx in the chair, doiing the dance of the seasons with Lullatone's "Sounds Of Spring" and "Summer Sounds" EPs, which tickled the ears of the assembled quite successfully, I'd say. Thanks to Aarni for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to me, @kleptones, who's about to get all italic on you...

"As you'd imagine, and probably like quite a few of you, I keep a (digital) "listen to this" notepad to jot down links to potentially interesting musical things as they fly by, for future listening pleasure. 

Unfortunately, from time to time this list of things becomes rather large and unwieldy, and consequently, by the time I get around to actually listening to something, I've completely forgotten the context, so the reason "why" certain music ends up on my "listen to this" list is lost in the mists of time, never to be seen again...

...as it was with tonight's selection. Past Me said I should check this out, and they were right, it's a fun listen, and immediately seemed very #LC-esque. No idea where it came from, but there you go.

Looking forward to seeing you try to figure out the who, the what, the when and the why!"

Okaydoke. Download's here, Stream's below:

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1) tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment