Saturday 16 April 2022

The Listening Club - 16th April 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Tapping this out early so we can be off and things to have a Easter Sunday day trip north of the city. Spring has well and truly sprung in Amsterdam, the sun's out and things are starting to bloom, which is always welcome - hoping the wisteria around the front of our place manages to hold a decent amount of its blooms for King's Day, as it'll make for a lovely canopy to party underneath... (hint hint to the undecided, still time to book, would be awesome to see you! ;)

Last Sunday @ohmyliver was reliving misspent youth through Posthuman's "Requiem For A Rave", which got the assembled reaching for the sky and the water simultaneously. Thanks to Oli for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @JimMcCauley, who's here with the intro...

"Hey there, listening chums! It's a while since I've been on the decks, so what better way to get back in the game than with a divisive pick? I discovered this lot through a tweet from a bookshop, looked them up and found a video, and very much liked the cut of their jib. They're not my usual sort of listening material, but the noise they make is the kind of thing I come around to every few years when I need something to blast the cobwebs away.

This album needed a good few listens before I could make my mind up about it (and there's a whole load of back catalogue I've yet to explore, but one thing at a time, yeah?) and it's likely to be well Marmite, but with scope for some of you to be intrigued enough to go back and give it a few more goes. Me, I'm genuinely considering getting a day pass to a festival dedicated to an entire musical subset that I like in theory a lot more than in practice, just so I can catch their only UK performance this year.

"It's one of those albums, like MBV's 'Loveless' or Sleigh Bells' 'Treats', that I can never quite play loud enough. Headphones may be a wise choice. Enjoy! (Maybe.)"

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:


See you 8pm BST (GMT+1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment