Sunday 13 June 2021

The Listening Club - 13th June 2021

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Summer now in full effect here in Amsterdam, with the neigbours already partying hard outside (with much Heineken, accompanying cheese cube plates and equally cheesy soundtrack in full effect) in readiness for the first Dutch Euro 2021 match tonight.... 

Last Sunday chez #LC, we had @holette in the chair, dealing a vintage 80s indie classic in the shape of Microdisney's "The Clock Comes Down The Stairs", which went down very well indeed with the assembled. Thanks to Sarah for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @JimMcCauley, who's here with the intro, oh yes he is...

"I can't remember what prompted 18-ish me to choose this tape in High Wycombe's Scorpion Records. I didn't know anything about the band beyond the name, but I must have figured that it was probably the sort of thing I might like, in my unguided late-teenage 'all modern music's shit' kind of way. And I can't remember if I bought it or rented it; I certainly can't find the tape and either way, I never actually got round to listening to it.

I've no idea whether I chose wisely or not, so let's find out! Will it be good or will it be a load of old wank? It's a mystery!

(It's okay, it's not Toyah.)"

Okaydoke. Download's here, stream's below.

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment