Sunday 7 February 2021

The Listening Club - 7th February 2021

Greetings from snowy Amsterdam, as the streets whiten for the first time in a few years, and with sub-zero forecast for the forseeable, it's going to be an icy week here. Will be interesting to see how it affects the cat, who has so far declared himself uninterested in the new cold white thing, and can we get it removed sharpish please?

Last Sunday in #LC land, twas the most excellent #WeirdJanuaryVortex, which lived up to its name in all three ways. Thanks again to @saucer for helming the voyage, and everyone that chipped in tunes! Looking on, we see @EmmaPrice smiling and waving, with this to say...

"Greetings all,

Well 2021 has been an odd year so far. Who had a state organised riot, redditors confounding Wall Street and a parish council meeting being the 'must see' event on their bingo card?

When I look back on 2020 the one thing that brought me consistent joy was music. From DJ's doing late night streams, twitch clubs or just having a bit more time to go delving in the virtual crates of my collection. When all around was a confusing maelstrom, music came through and brought us together.  So tonight, I'm sharing an album that hit me with a sheer sense of joy and wonder and had me dancing round the room from first listen.

During one of the brief periods when we were allowed in the vicinity of other human beings, I ventured out to pick this up on launch day. I was excited to be transported to another time and place and to think of something bigger than our current omnishambles/clusterfuckery.  I wasn't disappointed.

This album will be no surprise to a bunch of you. But I think it's worth a listen."

Okaydoke. Download's here, stream's below:

See you at 8pm GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment