Sunday 12 April 2020

The Listening Club - 12th April 2020

Greetings, folks.

... and on it goes. Hope you and yours are doing OK. Still warm and sunny here in Amsterdam, which is bringing folks out of their homes in droves, although most of them do seem to be keeping a respectful distance from each other...ish. No new lockdown radio this week, partially as I haven't really been in the right mood, and partially due to the amount of other entertainment that has been pouring out and grabbing my attention (like Jarvis Cocker's Saturday night Domestic Disco, which is a haphazard delight if you haven't seen it - highly recommended).

Last Sunday @samquitter was in the chair, bringing an interesting Liverpool beat combo to #LC for the first time, in the shape of The Beatles' "Abbey Road", which brought some quality repartee and the occasional teardrop. Thanks to Sam for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across the sea to @nessiest, who is right here with tonight's intro...

"Trying to pick an album for this week went all over the place, and all the times. I struggled, finding the right sound and feel is not the easiest. Especially as I love me some yearning and angsty bits in my music but honestly, after my last pick I couldn’t do that to you again.

Fittingly this album is all over the place too, gleeful, off-kilter but never out of control and never trite. I don’t want to say any more because I want you to experience it rather than be told about it - even if you’ve heard it before hopefully you’ll enjoy listening together. 

One advisory though, especially for those on headphones - don’t up the volume at the start whatever you do. I love you guys and don’t want anyone to blow an eardrum or a speaker."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1).


No comments:

Post a Comment