Sunday 23 February 2020

The Listening Club - 23rd February 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope all is good. Feeling fine and Sunday-ish here after an excellent spread of wide ranging electronic sounds last night, courtesy of Sonic Acts at the Paradiso, topped by Holly Herndon and her fine ensemble. Seriously, if you get a chance, go see her, it's quite a unique and life-affirming show, to say the least.

Last week it was me, @kleptones in the chair, digging back to simpler times with The Smiths' "The Queen Is Dead", which harked back for many, surprised how many folks had never listened to a whole Smiths album before, but there you go, that's what this thing is all about. Following that was a quick sail of the frisb from here in The Netherlands to Finland, where @akx has this to say...

"Ah, been a while since my last pick. It's been a while since I've found any new albums (aside from things sung in Finnish that might not really be very accessible), so I figured I'd look through my CD shelf, but alas, to no avail! However, when the CD shelf fails, there's always Foobar2000's shuffle, and a couple random tunes fast-forwarded I realized this is what I want to play for/with you.

Anyway, this artist is someone I was turned on to by my stepdad quite some time ago, and the friends I've sung karaoke with (to?) certainly are familiar with him too, and in fact a later album by the same
artist has been featured on Listening Club back in 2014! I think it'll be fun, or at least interesting (as LC tends to be) to listen to the full thing, not just the two tracks I tend to "sing", with you folks.

#drinkingclub: your cheapest bourbon, for a better emulation."

Download is here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm GMT!


No comments:

Post a Comment