Sunday 2 December 2018

The Listening Club - 2nd December 2018

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing fine, well, at least better than me right now, as the advent calendar opens up and brings me a mightily unpleasant lurgy, reducing my dulcet tones to autotuned sandpaper and calling out an army of snot goblins. Bleurg and a half indeed. At least we managed two cracking gigs this week, in the shape of Underworld and Beak> before the grot fully kicked in... So, hastily onwards, before I retreat back under a blanket on the sofa...

Last week, @xpollen8 was in the chair, digging deep and coming up with Carmel's finest Champs Élysées debut album "All Champs Go To Heaven", which went down very well indeed with the assembled. Many thanks to David for the pick, and for sailing the frisb back here to @nessiest, who has this to say by way of introduction to tonight's selection...

"I’m taking the classic listening club risk - I love this album and I know, I just know, not all of you are going to love it. The album will be my solace, it’s a swooning, soothing beauty.

I first heard this artist this year, they were an immediate standout amongst all the other acts on a festival stream. I’ve since seen them in person as well and this album has become a regular on my personal playlist. They’re almost frighteningly talented and not afraid to take risks to pursue their vision at the expense of quick commercial success. 

Their deliberate choice to craft from a specific part of the palette means you’re not getting banging bass and driving beats tonight. Slip on your pyjamas, angel wings or something fluffy and delicate if you dare. If you’re after a drinking recommendation, a cocktail with froth, or maybe a hot chocolate."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is below...


See you at 8pm GMT tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment