Howdy folks,
Hope you're doing good. Pretty soggy here in Amsterdam, as autumn takes a firm hold on the surroundings. Haven't had to turn the heating on yet though, but I think that day is not far off at all. Brr.
Speaking of the changing of the seasons and all that, advance notice that, as always, I'll be toddling off to Le Guess Who? in a few weeks, so will be looking for someone to run things here on Sunday 8th November; I will remind again, but let me know if you can help out, I'd be very grateful.
Last Sunday we had @nessiest in the chair, delivering a solid slice of Oceanic culture in the shape of Marlon Williams' "Te Whare Tīwekaweka" which went down rather well. Thanks to Ness for the pick and for flipping the frisb over to @spiny, who's here with today's intro..."Good evening fellow listeners.
My pick for this week is from a new band formed by someone from an old band.
This is their most recent album, from last year, they have done a few more EPs since, which I tried to figure out a way to add, but it would have made it too long.
Anyway, I 'discovered' that this project existed while googling what the band members were up to these days, and found a few singles, which were fantastic, then nothing for ages.
Bandcamp helpfully emailed me with news on this release, which I dutifully bought, and now present to you.
It's somewhat indie leaning, though bandcamp has it tagged 'folktronica', and as the main member is the guitarist from the 'old band', they have roped in a few other vocalists to help out on a few of the tracks.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, but if not, thats OK too."
Right then, downdoad's here, stream's below:
Hope to see you on the ol' hashtag at 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

No comments:
Post a Comment