Sunday 4 August 2024

The Listening Club - 4th August 2024

Salutations folks,

Hope you're all doing good. Summer finally in full flow here in Amsterdam, which is pleasing the locals, especially Hype Cat, who is happily spending some good long days napping in the nearby undergrowth, occasionally reaching out a paw to catch a passing mouse. It's definitely his favourite time of year for sure, bless.

In equivalently chill mode, last Sunday we joined together for a #RelaxationVortex, which saw a fine variety of sounds that soothe, not all mellow either. Thanks to everyone for chipping in tunes, and to @akx for blending everything together.

Back to regular programming, we see @EastVanHalen holding the frisb, with this to say by way of introduction to tonight's pick:

"Good summer Sunday afternoon/evening/etc everyone,

For this week’s LC pick, I knew I wanted an album that feels just right for those warm, languid days that are deepening into late summer, and I remembered this - something I had thought about playing before, but which had dropped off my radar until I was recently reminded by…a meme. Don’t @ me. I also first heard this artist because they used one of the songs on this album in a commercial - I’m not proud, just glad to have heard the guy, and that he’s getting paid :) He’s also been sampled by pretty much everybody, so if you haven’t given his work a spin you still might hear something you recognize.

So sit back, get some languid funky vibes going, and enjoy. For #drinkingclub, make it long and cool."

Right then, download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1) tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment