Sunday 18 February 2024

The Listening Club - 18th February 2024

Salutations folks.

@kleptones here, back from faraway lands (which were very welcoming and enjoyable indeed, thanks for asking), and now suffering the traditional jetlag-enhanced "back-to-work" discombobulations. Huge thanks to @emmaprice and @saucer for keeping the ball rolling in my absence, very much appreciated. Also the calendar tells me it's going to be an end-of-the-month-sunday next week, so get your #vortex ideas out and we'll shake them all about later today...

Last Sunday (it says here), @aqidraco was in the chair sending out a solid classic (for me, anyways) in the shape of Talk Talk's "Spirit Of Eden" from back in 1988, which went down rather well, so it seemed. Thanks to Aqi for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @holette, who's here with tonight's intro....

"I don't really feel like saying too much about this album before you listen. 

Some of you will know about it and I hope it will be a chance to revisit the music and songwriting. It's an album I know really well but had somehow dropped off my playlist for years. It's been an absolute joy discovering it all over again. 

Drinking club recommendation: Two shots of happy, one shot of sad."

Right then. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 GMT tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment