Sunday 11 June 2023

The Listening Club - 11th June 2023

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good and dealing with whatever climate-related issues your part of the globe is faced with right now. FWIW, Amsterdam has moved rather speedily from nicely-summery into crikey-its-boiling territory quite quickly. Not complaining much for now though, although the prolonged dry spell both here and back in Somerset has got me a little concerned for the upcoming festival, as always, it's in the hands of the gods, so I'd better go find my sacrificial dagger then, eh?

Last Sunday it was the @woj that was in the chair, hitting the assembled hard with their pick of TEKE::TEKE's "Shirushi", which got the assembled cheerfully grooving and debating in equal measures. Many thanks extended to the W for the pick, and for sailing the frisb over to @EmmaPrice, who reaches up from her festival packing and deftly catches it, then proclaims this by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"Greetings all.

Currently sitting amid a pile of sequins and sparkles as I pack for the wonder that is the Glastonbury festival. I shall be spending 8 glorious days in my spiritual home among friends old and new and hopefully making some new musical discoveries to share. This time I've gone with a band who I discovered about a year ago in a small venue near me, I've since seen them live a bunch of times and they're incredible fun as a live act who certainly know how to get the crowd moving. I'm also big fan of their messaging which I'll talk about during the playback.

Hurrah for live music and new discoveries so raise a glass of your finest festival beverage of choice and come have a dance with me."

Right then, download's here, stream's below:

See you 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment