Sunday 6 February 2022

The Listening Club - 6th February 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing OK. Still mostly wet and grey here in Amsterdam, but the odd sunny hour and green shoot popping up bring welcome signs of spring, let's hope it's an early one this year. Also the re-appearance of late night screams, laughs and yodels indicate that the govt's relaxing of covid rules is very much being appreciated. The city is healing a little bit, so it seems...

Last Sunday chez #LC we were deep in the #moshpitvortex, which really shook the cobwebs out of the assembled. Thanks to everyone who chipped in a tune or two, and mega thanks to @saucer for gathering the collection and stitching it together most excellently. Looking back to go forward, we see @emmaprice clutching the frisbaton with this to say by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"Greetings all. I have angsted long and hard about this week's pick. My head has been full of non music thoughts of late so I've been struggling to think of something glorious that I've not already picked in the past. So, I've gone for an album which I'm sure you all know, but in these strange and confusing times I'm finding comfort in the familiar and the things I know bring me joy. This album definitely does this and is one of the albums I listened to most last year.

Not entirely sure what to suggest for #drinkingclub for this one. I welcome your suggestions."

Okaydoke, download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm GMT tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment