Sunday 9 January 2022

The Listening Club - 9th January 2022

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay and keeping safe. Well, yeah, that's the new year started with a bang, eh? Of course I'm talking about last Sunday's #festivevortex and not the engulfing Omicron waves, really I'm not... #sigh.

Anyroad, that was indeed a mighty fine #festivevortex indeed, if I do say so myself, thanks again to everyone who chipped in some tunes, and hope y'all enjoyed the results! Back to regularly scheduled programming, we find @wojsvenwoj standing by the sidelines, blowing into his gloves, trying to keep warm...

"Another year down the drain and, now that it's over and all the year-ending best-of lists are out, it's time to take stock of everything I missed or forgot about or just didn't have time for. So, in the spirit of discovery, let's do this together today!

This record is the highest-placed album on a heavy-weight music blog's 2021 list that I wasn't familiar with. I do remember hearing about the artist a little bit and they sounded interesting but never got around to listening to this record. So, aside from a few brief previews to make sure the mp3 rendered okay, it'll be my first spin of it too! Maybe it's really great? Maybe it's over-rated? Maybe it's over-hyped? Only one way to find out!

Some may remember I did a pick this way before. The results were mixed but why let past performance dissuade one from future efforts?

One warning: there are explicit warnings on nearly all tracks so playback accordingly if that factors into your audio calculus."

Okaydoke. download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm GMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment