Sunday 12 December 2021

The Listening Club - 12th December 2021

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. In a pretty grumbly mood here, to be honest, as we're faced with a semi-lockdown-curfewish christmas, which is dampening the enthusiasm somewhat, just crossing fingers things don't get any worse, sure you're all doing the same right now...

Looking to the calendar, we'll be taking 26th December off here, returning on 2nd January with ye customary #festivevortex, comprising of y'all's favourite tunes of the last 12 months, so get thinking...

Last Sunday it was me, @kleptones, in the chair, sending out a short and sweet dose of soulful chill in the shape of The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble's "This Is A Mindfulness Drill - A re-imaginging of Richard Youngs' 'Sapphie'", which seemed to go down very well, which was nice. All that remained was to sail the frisb over to @iamwahl, who's here with tonight's intro...

"Like so much of my music listening / collecting this album came to me in a round about way. I first heard a track or two on the radio and, as the artist seemed to be a favourite of the network I regularly listen to, the music kept coming around for a time. Although I liked what I heard, it wasn’t my “usual” and I wasn’t enough enamoured to seek out the album. A decade, give or take, passed and the album popped up while perusing the bins at one of the places I frequent when looking for albums of seasons past. Somehow the time seemed right to invest in a more fulsome listening of the artist’s work. The album delivered a very satisfying, smooth, and soothing groove that has sustained over repeated visits. 

So wrap yourself up, snuggle down and get cozy; set aside anything that might harsh the vibe; then let yourself drift away….

For #DrinkingClub I’d suggest whatever you turn to when looking to drive away the chill of a winter’s day and get your hygge on…."

Okaydoke. Download's here, stream's below:

See you 8pm GMT tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment