Sunday 6 September 2020

The Listening Club - 6th September 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope all is going OK. Same old same old here in Amsterdam, as the weather chills and the city decides its not possible to reopen clubs and venues yet, which is sadly justified, but still causing more than a little annoyance as you'd expect.... 

Last week chez #LC, @emmaprice was in the chair, hitting the assembled with the barnstorming sounds of Leftfield's classic debut album "Leftism", which brought grooving and rem'niscing in equal measures. Thanks to Emma for the pick, and for sailing the frisb back over here to Amsterdam, where @nessiest is waiting with this to say by way of introduction to tonight's pick...

"Today I had the common LC dilemma of vacillating between comforting familiar pleasure and something new and interesting but maybe not quite as comfortable.

I've not listened all the way through this, as I wanted to finish my first listen with you lovely lot. Please make yourselves comfortable because I didn't go for it. 

We should all be in a black-walled slightly dingy venue just to the right of the sound desk, about 20 metres from the front of the stage, listening to whatever's playing on the PA because there is no opening act. I've tucked my earplugs into my bra, just in case.

Drinking club suggestion: icy-cold pilsner in a scratched plastic grolsch glass."

Okay. Direct download is here, the stream's below:

See you 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment