Sunday 3 May 2020

The Listening Club - 3rd May 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing OK. Same same here in Amsterdam, not much change in circumstances, although infection numbers are dropping, but we're still a long way off from normality. I'm keeping busy though, not via Lockdown Radio this week (apologies if you were expecting a show or two), as I've been kept busy doing a little work on my own tunes, and also doing some investigation into methods for playing online back-to-back DJ sets (if you have any ideas on this front, or are interested in helping me try out some possible apps and platforms, let me know!)

Last week, o my #LC brothers and sisters did conspire and, with the mighty helping hands of @JimMcCauley, did surprise me with a Secret Kleptones Vortex, on the occasion of me becoming a bit more justified and ancient.

I have to admit that I did not see it coming at all, and therefore was pretty damn shocked. But I extend huge thanks to all of you for picking your faves and joining in to help me celebrate remotely, and double plus huge thanks to Jim for doing an awesome job sequencing the finished article. You're all very lovely.

Speaking of @JimMcCauley, seems the frisb landed in his court after @EmmaPrice's sweet deception last week, so here he is with tonight's back-to-normal broadcast...

"I absolutely, unironically love this album, and have done ever since I bought it on vinyl 30-odd years ago, either in Scorpion Records in High Wycombe, more likely in Our Price. I'd figured I should try something by this band, and this one, with its ludicrous, naive and grotesque cover art, cried out to me. It didn't disappoint.

I've nearly picked it on a number of occasions and always talked myself out of it at the last minute. Finally it's time to grasp the nettle. Bite the bullet. Get it over and done with. Grab the bull by the horns. Face the music.

You'll thank me later, maybe. Enjoy!"

Okaydoke. Direct download's here, and the stream's below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1).


No comments:

Post a Comment