Sunday 22 March 2020

The Listening Club - 22nd March 2020

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing OK and keeping safe. Not quite lockdown here in Amsterdam, but expecting it to come soon as the numbers keep rising, and not before time in my own humble opinion, we need to shut this thing down asap. In the meantime, as you may have noticed, last night I inaugurated #LCLR (Listening Club Lockdown Radio) with a three-hour test transmission, which was a lot of fun, and seemed to go down well, so looking forward to doing more of them in the very near future - and as I mentioned yesterday, if anyone else fancies doing a mix, live or otherwise, let me know and I will share details and tech help on streaming set up if required. At the moment, loads of good tunes are really what we need, more than ever....

Last Sunday, @wojsvenwoj was in the chair, sending a serious curveball in the shape of Planet P Project's "Pink World", which was an opus if ever there was one, and triggered some quality discussion. Thanks to him for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to @faberfedor, who's right here with tonight's intro...

"As I mentioned last week, I came across of stash of CD and DVDs from the back of a closet. There are plenty of interesting (to me, at least) possible #listeningclub selections amongst these. I narrowed it down to four for this week's selection: one of _the_ first concept albums, an 80's indie band, some blues, and a one-hit wonder from the 90s. I was going to try and come up with a witty intro, tying the music to the times and current events but in the end I just said "Screw it, just pick the album you like the most" and here we are."

Okidoke. Direct download's here, and the stream is below:

See you at 8pm GMT tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment