Sunday 13 October 2019

The Listening Club - 13th October 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope all is good in your hoods. Not much to report here, yeah, still grey and rainy, and looking forward to Le Guess Who more than ever now the lineup timetable is out, even though it's clash city central all the way through (e.g. Godflesh, Gryff Rhys and William Tyler at exactly the same time, and that's just the first hour... what to choose?) But these are good problems to have, of course. Speaking of which, naturally I'll be needing someone to manage things here on that weekend (Sun 10th November) so if anyone's up for standing in, let me know, thx.

Last week, the returning @NeilPBardhan got lo-fi on our posteriors with his pick of Ah Holly Fam'ly's 2007 album "Your Body Will Become An Anchor", which seemed to strike a chord with quite a few folks. Thanks to Neil for the pick and for sailing the frisb back here, where @Nessiest is waiting with this to say...

"I haven’t heard this album yet, but I want to listen to it with the club. A nod to the origins of the Listening Club I guess.

It’s also fitting given it’s the time of year when Kleptones and I met (our anniversary was this week) and tonight’s artist was the first concert I bought tickets for us to go see. It was dead romantic too, which says a lot about my idea of romance.

Drinking club suggestion - something robust and warming, not too fizzy."

Direct download is here, and the stream's right down below.


See you tonight at 8pm BST (GMT+1).

No comments:

Post a Comment