Sunday 24 February 2019

The Listening Club - 24th February 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all well and good. A second sunny weekend in a row here in Amsterdam, which is stirring both the residents and the local fauna into life a little earlier in the year than expected. So let's get this done now, so we can pop out for a stroll and a bite, eh?

Last week in the land of #LC, @brainspiritus was in the chair, delivering their debut pick in the shape of Mardi.bb's career-spanning "Pentalogy", which got the assembled grooving quite successfully. Many thanks extended for the pick, and for sailing the frisb back across to London, where @har_shone is waiting to give this introduction...

"I struggled to pick this week for no reason other than the fact that every album i am loving right now i discovered from you lot either in the Vortex or as part of regularly scheduled programming and I didn't want to recycle other people's picks! But then I remembered this.

I was given this album around the time it came out and promptly didn't listen to it for months and months (maybe a year? Maybe more? Who knows, time is a flat circle or something). Then at the end of last year I was getting very bored of cycling through the same playlist and stumbled across it again. On first listen, it had my favourite combination of deeply depressing themes but sometimes matched with incongruously upbeat music (sometimes, other times it's just deliciously angry). I like it and I hope you do too! It was a pretty big success when it came out so I expect a lot of you have heard it already but it bears repeating in my opinion!"

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you tonight at 8pm GMT.


No comments:

Post a Comment