Sunday 16 June 2019

The Listening Club - 16th June 2019

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing fine, at least finer than me, as I'm currently horizontally confined to the sofa dealing with a slipped disc. Ouch and a half, and hoping I can recuperate in time for some festival visits in the near future... feel free to wish me well!

Last week chez #LC it was myself, getting all folky on your collective bods with a pick of Norma Waterson & Eliza Carthy's "Anchor", which went down very well indeed, I'm happy to report. Following that, the frisb was sailed across to @akx, who took time out from his busy schedule to send across this for tonight...

"As mentioned last Sunday, if you were keeping track, I'm submitting this one in absentia, since I'll be off to exotic Lahti (also called the Chicago of Finland, and not in a good way) for the weekend as one of the organizers of Desucon, arguably the finest convention on anime and Japanese culture in Finland... anyway, to the point!

This was one of those albums I knew was gonna be great the moment I heard the first single release off it (track #2), and the moment I got my paws on the full album, I knew it belonged on the #listeningclub shortlist. As such, you may have heard (some of) it already, and at the very least I wouldn't be surprised if you'd heard one of the ensemble's earlier albums. (They're all damn good.)

Oh, and this is one of those guest-vocalist sort of albums, so don't get too attached to one voice.

Anyway -- looking forward to what you think!

(As for #drinkingclub, I suggest a good wine or an elegant cocktail or several. A good whisk(e)y or bourbon wouldn't go amiss either, but maybe do skip the cheap lager for this if you can.)"

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the ol' Hear This stream is below:


See you tonight at 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment