Sunday 15 July 2018

The Listening Club - 15th July 2018

Greetings all,

Hope you're doing good. Warmness still gleefully in full flow here in Amsterdam, so a series of small outdoor festivals and food truck events are doing their bit to remind me just how much fun this city can be during the Summer months. Braincells still jangling too after the appearance here of King Crimson on Friday, surely one of the most awesomely intense and complex performances I've seen in a good long while, bless their polyrythmic socks...

Last Sunday evening, whilst I was flat on my back sipping beer and listening to Afrobeats in a park, @ohmyliver was in the chair, getting the assembled bopping with his pick of Sister Nancy's "One Two" from 1982. Many thanks to Oli for the pick, and for keeping the Frisb in London with the aid of @har_shone, who is here with tonight's intro...

"This album came to me earlier this year whilst I was going through a fairly rage-y phase, both at the world in general and in my own life. I really enjoy it and I suspect you will all hate it so, sorry, not sorry I suppose? ;)"

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and HearBeSpoilerStream is below:


See you at 8pm BST tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment